PinIt

Friday, July 26, 2013

Apothecary jars

Okay I have been so busy planning Corbin's first big birthday party that I have been lacking in the blogging department. But I have a great tutorial for you. It was a lot of fun to make and I have received so many compliments on them.

First I bought these great candle holders at hobby lobby for 60% off! Amazing, right!? They are great as is but I knew I wanted to brighten them up.

I primed them with white and then let them dry. Then I did a thick coat of Bahamas blue craft paint. 

Once everything was good and dry I went out to the garage and found this cool attachment for the drill. 

Now you want to just pull up some of that paint in a few places. You can do this as much or as little as you wish.

This is how mine turned out.

If you don't own this glue then you should go and get some. Super strong and totally worth it. I used this to glue on my dollar store vases to the candlesticks. 

Dollar store vase, please meet your new best friend the candle stick. 

Really make sure you center your vase well so that your finished product isn't off centered.

These circles are from hobby lobby's wood craft isle. I also used them in my "fabulous picture frame knock off" tutorial. I purchased two finials from the same store and painted it al Bahama blue. On the under side I (and by that I mean my husband) created a groove on the bottom so that it would sit nicely on the vase and screwed the finial on.

Here they are all finished. I LOVE THEM! 
I will probably end up putting some sort of protective coat on them in the future but for now this is how they are.

I'm in love love love! What do you think of the finished product?

I hope you try this out. Until next time my lovely's 

No comments:

Post a Comment